Re: NY v. everywhere else

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Honku.org ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by C. E. Trorb on March 28, 2002 at 15:45:56:

In Reply to: NY v. everywhere else posted by Joanne on March 27, 2002 at 08:39:22:

I am from Brooklyn and have to disagree with some of your post. Honkers are out of control and so is the congestion, noise and disruption they bring. However, a good deal of these out-of-control honkers are from Staten Island & Long Island NOT Brooklyn. Brooklynites are to blame as well. Yet in the 5 boros, still fewer than 50% of households have a car so no one is painting Brooklynites with a broad brush.

One thing I would say though is that even before 9/11, there was a tremendous amount of good will in this city. I also feel like New Yorkers are among the most courteous and responsible of people versus the rest of the country. NYC has always gotten the worst rap, but it is only because of the people that visit here and then like to aggrandize their experience in the city and talk negatively about the subways, crime, etc. which makes NYC seem like an awful place. I've lived all over New York State, and this is the only place that even approaches normal and isn't boring - like my hometown of Goshen.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Honku.org ] [ FAQ ]